Canadian Justin Morneau Wins the Home Run Derby

I just had to point out this story on firejoemorgan.com, titled "Weird Things to Say During the Home Run Derby, Vol 1".The story notes that Rick Reilly, after Josh Hamilton's 28 home runs in the first round, said "It's a lousy night to be an atheist". Apparently saying that God hit or caused Hamilton to hit the 28 home runs. But God also decided he should only hit 3 in the final round, losing out to Justin Morneau. God changes his mind like that constantly, I guess.

It also noted that Justin's name was mispronounced more than once during the trophy presentation and called him Jason. The heroin story line was played up so much that when Justin won they couldn't get their heads around it enough to acknowledge the winner. Like they said and I felt this way too...."we get this. Morneau didn't use heroin. He's boring." Sometimes they pick the story lines before the event and then can't get off it, no matter what.