Game Thread for Game 97 Jays at Rays

New, comments

Should be a good pitching duel tonight Doc vs Matt Garza, I thought that Kazmir was to start for the Rays but they have pushed him back to Monday. I guess with the 14 pitches he threw in the All-Star game, they want to be cautious with him. The way the Jays swing the bats I think I could pitch a one run game against them. And Garza has looked good this year 7-5 with a 3.96 ERA and even better at home where he's 5-1 with a 2.38 ERA. The Jays have a 7 game road losing streak going.

In Jays news Marcum is to pitch Tuesday for the Jays, which is good news, we need him. Aaron Hill apparently won't be back for a long while if at all this season. That's bad news, those concussions effect everyone differently. Hopefully he'll recover and it won't effect the rest of his career in any way.

I'm hopeful to get to watch the game tonight but not sure I'll have internet so getting the Game Thread done early. If I get access I'll post the lineups.

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays

07/19/08 6:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Tampa Bay Rays