Odds and Ends on a Friday Morning

We've made a couple of changes to the main page....moving the "Walking Wounded" to the right side where there is room for more information. And we added the division standings and information about the current series the Jays are playing. Might make more changes as I learn how things work. I notice there are 3 no votes on the "Should JP be Fired" poll. It's nice to see that Mr. Riccardi has found our page....but only vote once JP.

The Halladay for Holliday question got some comments going. I noticed, in the poll, that some people from the Rockies area came in to vote, which is fine, but skews the vote some. I'm sure Colorado would love that trade.

Of course, they aren't the only ones that want him, on Pinstripe Alley....Oh Lord, hear my prayers: Deliver Roy Halladay

Have you all seen video from this story?

Pitcher charged after minor league

brawl in Ohio

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — A minor league pitcher accused of throwing a ball that hit a fan during a bench-clearing brawl was charged with felonious assault.

Peoria Chiefs pitcher Julio Castillo was arrested Thursday following the fight with the Single-A Dayton Dragons, authorities said Friday. Umpires ejected 15 players and the team's managers following the 10-minute brawl.

Very scary stuff. Castillo threw the ball as hard as he could at the other team's dugout. Missed and got a fan. How can you miss a dugout? The Orioles should sign him. I'm sure he won't be pitching for a long time. Full story

In the 'Rumors' section in SI.com there was a story about the Tigers interest in AJ.

it's not believed the Tigers are actively pursuing him. Burnett is making $12 million this year, and the Tigers are reluctant to add to what was a $138-million payroll Opening Day.

I would figure if your payroll was $138 you'd want a pitcher that could pull you up to the playoff.

On MLB.com they note that John Parrish is pitching to keep is spot in the rotation. You think?

Also on MLB.com Cito and JP explains why Litsch was sent down.

"We've been telling him about adjustments, and he's going to have to make those adjustments," Ricciardi said. "He's going to have to be able to get his two-seamer in control and come up with a changeup that's more effective. The way he's pitching right now, it's not working."

And finally in Fake Teams they have a little piece on who should be AL Rookie of the Year, CY Young and MVP award winnings Of note for Jays fans:

AL CY Young:
1. Justin Duchscherer, Oakland A's
2. Cliff Lee, Cleveland Indians
3. Roy Halladay, Toronto Blue Jays

There is no way I see Duchscherer having a second half to match his first, but, until then, he deserves the 1st place vote. My personal favorite to win it at season's end is Roy Halladay. To do so he will have to continue winning and lapping the field in innings pitched and complete games.

Now I think Doc should be the winner but we'll look at the stats:

2008 - Roy Halladay 12-7 22 21 7 2 0 0 159.1 140 56 50 11 25 133 2.82 1.04

2008 - Cliff Lee 13-2 19 19 2 1 0 0 133.2 120 36 34 5 20 110 2.29 1.05

2008 - Justin Duchscherer 10-6 17 17 1 1 0 0 115.2 77 29 24 7 26 70 1.87 .89