Game Thread for Game 103, Mariners at Jays

New, comments

Next Game

Seattle Mariners
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, Jul 25, 2008, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Miguel Batista vs John Parrish

Clear. Winds blowing out to right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game Time temperature: Around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Seattle Mariners @ Toronto Blue Jays

07/25/08 7:07 PM EDT

Seattle Mariners Toronto Blue Jays
Ichiro Suzuki - RF Joe Inglett - 2B
Willie Bloomquist - CF Marco Scutaro - SS
Raul Ibanez - LF Alex Rios - CF
Adrian Beltre - 3B Lyle Overbay - 1B
Jose Lopez - 2B Rod Barajas - C
Jose Vidro - DH Matt Stairs - DH
Miguel Cairo - 1B Scott Rolen - 3B
Kenji Johjima - C Adam Lind - LF
Yuniesky Betancourt - SS Brad Wilkerson - RF

Should be a fun series with two underachieving teams. Parrish makes his fourth start for us, his first two were quality starts, his last one....not so much. The story on MLB.com was that he is pitching to keep his job. And I'd imagine he is. Can't be any worse than his last start. Tomorrow we get to see David Purcey, he's been great in AAA, we need him to to be good here.

Bastista on the other hand was pulled from the starting rotation to pitch out of the pen, though he's made two starts this month and has pitched 2 complete innings in each. His ERA for July is 10.13. Normally the Jays are able to turn crappy starters into great ones but they scored 21 runs in three games against lousy Oriole starters. Gotta hope it continues.

Another different order for the Jay's tonight. Wilk starting in right and batting 9th....if he is going to be in the lineup, 9th is the best spot for him. I hate having Lind so deep in the other, he had been moving up. Stairs batting 6th is hitting about .115 this month with half of his at bats ending in strike outs. Barajas batting 5th hasn't been much better.

But Lyle has been hot and Rios seems to have found the power stroke again. Should be a fun time in the thread tonight. Join us in the thread though I'll likely be in and out as we's building a fence with our good neighbors.