We've Got a Winning Streak, Game 104 Game Thread

New, comments

Next Game

Seattle Mariners
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Saturday, Jul 26, 2008, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Carlos Silva vs David Purcey

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game Time temperature: Around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Seattle Mariners @ Toronto Blue Jays

07/26/08 1:07 PM EDT

Seattle Mariners Toronto Blue Jays
Ichiro Suzuki - RF Joe Inglett - 2B
Willie Bloomquist - CF David Eckstein - SS
Raul Ibanez - LF Alex Rios - CF
Adrian Beltre - 3B Lyle Overbay - 1B
Jose Lopez - 2B Matt Stairs - DH
Jose Vidro - DH Scott Rolen - 3B
Miguel Cairo - 1B Adam Lind - LF
Jamie Burke - C Brad Wilkerson - RF
Yuniesky Betancourt - SS Gregg Zaun - C

We have the wrong starting pitcher listed at the top there....R.A. Dickey, a knuckleballer (2-5, 3.93) is pitching on short rest because Silva has a sore back. Dickey's been good in his last few starts (2.57 ERA in July) and has been pitching 6 or 7 innings per start. He's also chipped in as a reliever on occasion. Purcey's had it a tough time in his two spot starts for the Jays but he has been terrific in AAA 2.69 ERA with 121 strikeouts and only 34 walks in 117 innings of work. Hopefully he'll feel a little more relaxed now that he's up for a few starts at very least.

He couldn't ask for a better lineup to face, Miguel Cairo is their firstbaseman for God's sake. And people complain about Overbay! Vidro has been even worse at DH.

We'll had a nice little run of late, the 4 straight wins makes everything seem better. The bullpen has been just amazing over this little stretch and the bats, for the most part, have come around. We've score 26 runs in the four wins. Even Stairs contributed yesterday with a home run and a double.

Rolen's in a bad slump and Inglett has had a tough time but the double to end the game last night was a thing of beauty. And Rios has shown flashes of power.

I'm going to be in and out of the game thread today, me and the neighbors are building a fence and good fences build good neighbors, or something like that. Go Jays go! Only 7.5 back from the Wild Card spot!

Poll

How many innings will we get from Purcey today?

This poll is closed

  • 0%
    1 or 2
    (0 votes)