Next Game

Tampa Bay Rays
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Monday, Jul 28, 2008, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

James Shields vs A.J. Burnett

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from center field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game Time temperature: Around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Tampa Bay Rays @ Toronto Blue Jays

07/28/08 7:07 PM EDT

Tampa Bay Rays Toronto Blue Jays
Akinori Iwamura - 2B Joe Inglett - 2B
B.J. Upton - CF Marco Scutaro - SS
Carl Crawford - LF Alex Rios - CF
Evan Longoria - 3B Lyle Overbay - 1B
Carlos Pena - 1B Rod Barajas - C
Cliff Floyd - DH Matt Stairs - DH
Dioner Navarro - C Scott Rolen - 3B
Eric Hinske - RF Adam Lind - LF
Jason Bartlett - SS Brad Wilkerson - RF

The Jays haven't had a fun time playing the Rays this season; they are 2-7 vs the Rays. If Rays make the playoffs they should send us a nice card or something. Hopefully it turns around tonight.

AJ pitchers against James Shields (9-6, 3.66). Shields is 3-1 this month with a 3.49 ERA and he is 4-0, 2.40 in his career against us. AJ is 3-2 with a 4.68 ERA for July. Once again he may be making his last start for us.

I'd like to see Lind a little higher than 8th in the order, considering Rolen and Barajas haven't been hitting at all this month. Jays have won their last 5 series at home....if they want to get close we need to win this one. A sweep would put them just 5.5 games back from the Rays with 58 games left. A little way back but not insurmountable.

I should get to watch most of the game tonight....Join me in the Game Thread.