The More Things Change the More They Stay the Same, Game 88 Thread, Jays at Angels

New, comments

We have Halladay vs. John Lackey tonight. Now I'd say it should be a pitcher's duel, with Doc being Doc and Lackey having a 1.44 era after nine starts, but I said that yesterday. Then AJ served up batting practice to the Angels, admittedly with help from Rios not making a play he should have, while somehow not getting an error on the play. So I won't say it.

Yesterday I set the over/under on Jays hits with RISP at 2 and they got three. With no one taking the over the house won. I think I'll set it at 2 again.

Reading about the Jays wanting to get a SS for AJ interests me, I think they are getting decent offense out of the group they have. And Jackson could be up in the majors in a couple of years. Between that and me not being able to think of a SS I'd want, I think that we should DH with power. Barring that I wouldn't mind them getting a right handed reliever that a manager could have some faith in.

Of course, the way AJ pitched yesterday I think we'd be lucky to get a bag of bats for him. Don't laugh; my city's minor league team traded a player for some bats.

So we'll have two polls tonight....

I am out tonight so won't be able to watch the game, this is week from H E double hockey sticks for me, not sure how many games I'll watch this week. And tomorrow is my anniversary, can you imagine someone putting up with me for 23 years?