clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Thread for Game 109, Jays at Rangers.

Next Game

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Texas Rangers

Friday, Aug 1, 2008, 8:05 PM EDT
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

Shaun Marcum vs Tommy Hunter

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game Time temperature: Around 100.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Texas Rangers

08/01/08 8:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Texas Rangers
Joe Inglett - RF Ian Kinsler - 2B
Marco Scutaro - SS Frank Catalanotto - DH
Alex Rios - CF Michael Young - SS
Lyle Overbay - 1B Josh Hamilton - CF
Adam Lind - LF Marlon Byrd - RF
Matt Stairs - DH David Murphy - LF
Rod Barajas - C Gerald Laird - C
Scott Rolen - 3B Chris Davis - 1B
David Eckstein - 2B Ramon Vazquez - 3B

Putting the game thread up early because I'm making supper (BBQ Steak, you is all invited) at the moment and likely won't be finish till after the start time tonight. I'll post the lineups when I get a moment. We have Shawn Marcum pitching for us tonight; I'm hopeful that Cito will pull him before he tires instead of waiting till he gives up half a dozen runs.

Texas has Tommy Hunter starting for them, he's well known to all old CBC TV fans as host of the long running "Tommy Hunter Show". Can't wait for him to sing 'Travelling Man'. I've been wondering what he's been doing since his show was cancelled. I love references that only three people will get.....

Actually this Tommy Hunter is making his first major league start tonight. He's a right hander who's in his first full season of professional ball. He began the year at A ball but is now pitching in AAA Oklahoma. In five starts there he is 2-2 with a 3.24 ERA, 17 strike outs with 4 walks in 33.1 innings. He couldn't face a better team to make his major league debut. Most days I figure I could throw 6 scoreless innings against the Jays. Hunter is replacing Eric Hurley who has tendinitis.

It's a proud day at Blue Bird Banter....we got mentioned in SI.com's team power rankings. Someone reads this??

I have to call attention to this story.....for those of us that suffered thru watching Victor Zambrano pitch as a Jay last year. It is hard to believe.

Texas is 1.5 games ahead of us in the Wild Card race, so we need to sweep this three game series. Join us in the thread....I might be late but I'll be there.

Poll

This series the Jays will...

This poll is closed

  • 5%