clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Thread for Game 118, Indians at Jays

Lineup

Cleveland Indians @ Toronto Blue Jays

08/10/08 1:07 PM EDT

Cleveland Indians Toronto Blue Jays
Grady Sizemore - CF Marco Scutaro - 3B
David Dellucci - DH David Eckstein - 2B
Kelly Shoppach - C Alex Rios - CF
Jhonny Peralta - SS Vernon Wells - DH
Shin-Soo Choo - LF Adam Lind - LF
Ryan Garko - 1B Rod Barajas - C
Franklin Gutierrez - RF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Andy Marte - 3B Brad Wilkerson - RF
Asdrubal Cabrera - 2B John McDonald - SS

The Jays sent Kevin Mench down to make room for Wells. The Jay's lineup has changed ince I first saw it up on MLB.com, Scoot was in right field then and Wilk was on the bench. I suppose this is better, but was interested to watch Scoot play the outfield. You really can't get worse than Wilk's bat in RF and against a strong lefty should be that much more fun.

Cliff Lee (15-2, 2.58) is pitching for the sweep for the Indians. Scott Richmond (0-1, 4.91) gets his third start for the Jays. The way we've been batting of late it really doesn't matter that we are facing a very good pitcher, we can make them all look good.

It's good to have Vernon Wells back with the team. It will even be better when he's back playing the outfield, we won't be treated to the sight of Wilk in the lineup everyday. Go Jays, please, we don't want to be .500 again. I'm going to watch the game today so join me in the thread.