clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Thread for Game 121, Game is Back On....

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Detroit Tigers

08/13/08 7:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Detroit Tigers
Marco Scutaro - 3B Curtis Granderson - CF
David Eckstein - 2B Placido Polanco - 2B
Alex Rios - CF Magglio Ordonez - RF
Vernon Wells - DH Miguel Cabrera - 1B
Rod Barajas - C Gary Sheffield - DH
Adam Lind - LF Ryan Raburn - LF
Lyle Overbay - 1B Edgar Renteria - SS
Kevin Mench - RF Brandon Inge - C
John McDonald - SS Ramon Santiago - 3B

We have David Purcey (1-3, 7.40) going up against Kenny Rogers (8-9, 4.92). Purcey was told that he'll be in the rotation the rotation the rest of the season, no matter what. So, am guessing this will be his last start for us tonight. Kidding. Purcey had his best start of the season in his last start against the Indians. He went six innings, gave up 3 runs and struck out 8. Rogers has had 3 losses in a row and has given up 15 earned runs in the 16 innings in those starts. Though I can't remember a lefty we've hit this season.

Eck is in at second, batting second, guess we'll see some bunts today. Vernon's DHing putting Rios back in center with Mench in right.

Other news, Mike Lowell was put on the DL for the Sox, pitcher David Pauley was recalled to fill his spot. The Rays announced Carl Crawford will be gone for the season. And Derek Jeter missed today's game for the Yankees after fouling a pitch off his foot yesterday. He'll likely play Friday. Twins beat the Yankees today. Any day with a Yankee loss is a good day.

Join me in the thread tonight.