clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Thread for Game 122, Jays at Tigers

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Detroit Tigers

08/14/08 1:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Detroit Tigers
Joe Inglett - 2B Curtis Granderson - CF
Marco Scutaro - 3B Placido Polanco - 2B
Alex Rios - RF Magglio Ordonez - RF
Vernon Wells - CF Miguel Cabrera - 1B
Matt Stairs - DH Gary Sheffield - DH
Adam Lind - LF Matt Joyce - LF
Lyle Overbay - 1B Edgar Renteria - SS
Gregg Zaun - C Brandon Inge - 3B
John McDonald - SS Dane Sardinha - C

We have Jesse Litsch (8-7, 4.46) fresh from a 'remember how to pitch' stint in the minors going against Armando Galarraga (10-4, 3.23). Armando has the second most wins in the majors among rookies. So we have a tough battle ahead to get the sweep.

Mlb.com has a little story on Mac's improved batting, I found this part interesting:

Regular playing time can certainly do wonders for a hitter's rhythm, but Gaston said McDonald's slight improvement on offense is also due to some changes he's made at the plate. Since taking over as Toronto's manager on June 20, Gaston has noticed McDonald seems to have more success when pulling the ball.

Seems strange, you would think a light hitting player would do better spraying the ball around.

Course another thing said on the same page makes less sense to me:

Vernon Wells went 1-for-3 with a grand slam on Wednesday to up his average to .333 (5-for-15) with one homer and seven RBIs in four games since returning from the disabled list

How can you raise your average to .333 by going one for three?

Anyway, sounds like the news on Downs isn't too bad....hope he'll be back quick. I'll be around for the start of the game but likely won't be able to stay for the finish. Get out the brooms boys.......

Poll

Litsch will pitch ____ innings

This poll is closed

  • 0%