clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Please Come to Boston - Game Thread, Jays at Sawx

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Boston Red Sox

08/15/08 7:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Boston Red Sox
Joe Inglett - 2B Jacoby Ellsbury - CF
Marco Scutaro - 3B Dustin Pedroia - 2B
Adam Lind - LF David Ortiz - DH
Vernon Wells - CF Kevin Youkilis - 3B
Matt Stairs - DH J.D. Drew - RF
Rod Barajas - C Jason Bay - LF
Lyle Overbay - 1B Jed Lowrie - SS
Brad Wilkerson - RF Sean Casey - 1B
John McDonald - SS Jason Varitek - C

Well, looks like Alexis Rios has earned himself the day off. I wonder if he's a little banged up or if Cito is giving him a mental health day? Adam Lind gets to hit third, where I hope he'll spend lots of time next season, while Brad Wilkerson gets the start in rightfield.

Roy Halladay gets the start against Paul Byrd, who will be making his first start for Boston. Crazy how much better Boston's lineup is than ours, even with no Manny and Lowell out. And it's not as if their pitching is shoddy either, although Byrd is nothing special.

Let's see if the Jays can manage some runs. Off for a run now, but I should be back right around gametime to watch the game. Let's go Jays!