clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Thread for Game 110, Jays at Rangers.

Next Game

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Texas Rangers

Saturday, Aug 2, 2008, 8:05 PM EDT
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

A.J. Burnett vs Scott Feldman

Clear. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game Time temperature: Around 100.

Complete Coverage >

The less said about last night the better. Tonight we have AJ vs Scott Feldman. Feldman was 2-0 in July but that says more about the Ranger offense than about his pitching. His ERA was 7.06 for the month. His last start agains Seattle he went 6 innings and gave up 5 runs but didn't get the decision.

AJ had a pretty good July....his first two starts weren't good, 12.1 innings and 13 earned but his last four starts have been great. He was 4-2 with a 3.86 ERA for the month as a whole and struke out 41 guys in 39.2 . When he's good he's great to watch and since he might be looking for a big contract after this season he'd like to continue this hot streak.

Hamilton left yesterday's game suffering from 'dehydration' and likely won't play tonight.

Was nice to see Rolen hit one out lst night, sore shoulder and all. We really need him hitting. In Jays farm news: our first round draft choice in David Cooper is hitting .370 with 2 homers and 15 RBI in 20 games at class A ball since being promoted there on July 8th. Robinzon Diaz and Curtis Thigpen on the other hand are having a hard time in AAA. Diaz line is .247/.266/.337, Thigpen .223/.270/.313. I was hoping one of them or JP Arencibia, who is doing much better at AA .297/.307/.538, would come up and be our starting catcher next year.

I'm out this evening so putting up the game thread early, I won't be able to watch tonight but join in the thread anyway. I should be here for tomorrow night's game. Our '60 Reasons to Fire JP' thread seems to have stalled at 38....I was sure we'd hit 50 with no trouble so add your favorite reasons. Enjoy the game.

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Texas Rangers

08/02/08 8:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Texas Rangers
Joe Inglett - 2B Ian Kinsler - 2B
Marco Scutaro - SS Frank Catalanotto - DH
Alex Rios - CF Michael Young - SS
Lyle Overbay - 1B Josh Hamilton - RF
Adam Lind - LF Marlon Byrd - CF
Matt Stairs - DH David Murphy - LF