clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

And the Grass it Was Ticking / And the Sun Was On the Rise

Lineup

New York Yankees @ Toronto Blue Jays

08/20/08 7:07 PM EDT

New York Yankees Toronto Blue Jays
Johnny Damon - CF David Eckstein - 2B
Derek Jeter - SS Marco Scutaro - 3B
Bobby Abreu - RF Alex Rios - RF
Alex Rodriguez - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Jason Giambi - 1B Adam Lind - LF
Xavier Nady - LF Rod Barajas - C
Hideki Matsui - DH Lyle Overbay - 1B
Robinson Cano - 2B Kevin Mench - DH
Jose Molina - C John McDonald - SS

I thought Rilo Kiley's last record, Under the Blacklight, could've been a lot better. But I do really like the song Silver Lining, the source of today's game thread title. It's a beautiful day here in D.C., and who knows? - maybe the Jays' sun is on the rise.

The Jays can draw even today with a win over the Yankees. They will have to contend with lefthander Andy Pettitte, who's had an up-and-down season. Keep hitting it to centerfield, guys. If you recall, the Yankees' fortunes started to turn last season when they moved Damon out of center and put Melky in there. Not sure that was coincidence.

David Eckstein gets the start today at 2nd and leads off. As I mentioned earlier, Eckstein's OBP is actually the second-highest on the team (behind Lyle) so I don't mind him atop the lineup. Kevin Mench gets the start at DH and perhaps he can provide a little production against the lefty.

David Purcey starts for the Jays, and looks to build on a great start last time. Let's see what he can do. I'll be around watching the game tonight, so stop by. Let's go Jays!