clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want: Game 127, Yankees at Jays

Lineup

New York Yankees @ Toronto Blue Jays

08/21/08 7:07 PM EDT

New York Yankees Toronto Blue Jays
Johnny Damon - CF Joe Inglett - 2B
Derek Jeter - SS Marco Scutaro - 3B
Bobby Abreu - RF Alex Rios - RF
Alex Rodriguez - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Jason Giambi - 1B Adam Lind - LF
Xavier Nady - LF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Hideki Matsui - DH Matt Stairs - DH
Robinson Cano - 2B Rod Barajas - C
Ivan Rodriguez - C John McDonald - SS

And Please Please Please do not let Sir Sidney shut us down.

As we discussed today a little in the comments to this morning's post, the Jays traded a player to be named later to the Pirates for IF Jose Bautista. The Jays acquire a utility infielder in a nothing deal, and guess what? Just like that, we have a new HR leader (though technically he starts back at 0 as he is switching leagues). Still pretty sad.

Out for a little dinner date, but will be back for most of the game, I'd imagine. Let's go Jays!