clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Asleep on a Sunbeam: Game 129, Red Sox at Jays

Lineup

Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays

08/23/08 1:07 PM EDT

Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays
Jacoby Ellsbury - RF Marco Scutaro - 2B
Dustin Pedroia - 2B Jose Bautista - 3B
David Ortiz - DH Alex Rios - RF
Kevin Youkilis - 1B Vernon Wells - CF
Jason Bay - LF Adam Lind - LF
Jed Lowrie - 3B Rod Barajas - C
Jason Varitek - C Lyle Overbay - 1B
Alex Cora - SS Kevin Mench - DH
Coco Crisp - CF John McDonald - SS

Litsch v. Lester. Jesse makes his second start since returning from Syracuse, and he's got his work cut out for him. Jose Bautista makes his first start as a Jay. I guess Bautista's acquisition means that Eckstein really won't be getting any playing time, since Scoot has moved over to 2nd today and is leading off. Comparing our 1-2 hitters to theirs is pretty depressing, actually.

I can't watch the game today b/c of the Fox blackout, so I'll be listening on the Radio. Let's go Jays!