Game Thread for Game 131 Jays at Rays

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays

08/26/08 7:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Tampa Bay Rays
Joe Inglett - 2B Akinori Iwamura - 2B
Marco Scutaro - 3B B.J. Upton - CF
Alex Rios - RF Carlos Pena - 1B
Vernon Wells - CF Cliff Floyd - DH
Adam Lind - LF Willy Aybar - 3B
Lyle Overbay - 1B Eric Hinske - LF
Matt Stairs - DH Dioner Navarro - C
Rod Barajas - C Gabe Gross - RF
John McDonald - SS Jason Bartlett - SS

Hugo and I didn't get together on who was doing this tonight, so sorry Hugo if jumped in when I shouldn't have.....

Tonight we have Doc (15-9, 2.68) starting for us, he's had a rough season against the Rays but I'm sure tonight is his night. James Shields (11-7, 3.68) is pitching for the Rays he hasn't gone less than 5 complete in his last ten starts and is 6-2 in that time. But we are swinging the bats better, most nights, lately.

Rolen is back on the active roster but isn't in the lineup tonight. I don't know why not, it would be great to see someone other than Scoot out there at third. Scoot is fine as a utility middle infielder, but as an everyday third sacker, he lacks a lot.

I'll be in the thread for first 5 innings or so of the game and the threads have been lively of late so join me. LET'S GO JAYS!