clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

I'm Crying For Yesterday / And the Tap Drips Drip Drip Drip Drip Drip

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays

08/28/08 7:10 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Tampa Bay Rays
Joe Inglett - LF Akinori Iwamura - 2B
Marco Scutaro - 2B B.J. Upton - CF
Alex Rios - RF Carlos Pena - 1B
Vernon Wells - CF Cliff Floyd - DH
Adam Lind - DH Willy Aybar - 3B
Lyle Overbay - 1B Eric Hinske - LF
Rod Barajas - C Gabe Gross - RF
Jose Bautista - 3B Shawn Riggans - C
John McDonald - SS Jason Bartlett - SS

It's not Saturday, but David Purcey must be crying for yesterday after the greatest performance of his career went to waste as Matt Garza completely shut the Jays down for the 4th time this season. I think the Jays will face Garza once more, and they better at least score next time. 4 starts and Garza has yielded 1 run against the Jays.

Rolen continues to sit out as the suddenly harder-throwing Jesse Litsch faces hard-thrower Edwin Jackson and the Rays. Bautista has basically replaced Stairs in the lineup, but hopefully Cito won't hesitate to use Stairs to pinch-hit for Mac in a situation where the game is on the line.

Mrs. Hugo is at meet-the-teacher night, so I'm around to watch the game. Why not kick back and enjoy what promises to be another good game. Let's go Jays!