clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Thread for Game 111, Jays at Rangers.

Next Game

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Texas Rangers

Sunday, Aug 3, 2008, 8:05 PM EDT
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

David Purcey vs Luis Mendoza

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game Time temperature: Around 105.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Texas Rangers

08/03/08 8:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Texas Rangers
Joe Inglett - 2B Ian Kinsler - 2B
Marco Scutaro - 3B Gerald Laird - C
Alex Rios - CF Michael Young - SS
Lyle Overbay - 1B Josh Hamilton - DH
Adam Lind - LF Marlon Byrd - CF
Matt Stairs - DH David Murphy - RF
Brad Wilkerson - RF Brandon Boggs - LF
Gregg Zaun - C Chris Davis - 1B
John McDonald - SS Travis Metcalf - 3B

Jays have Wilk in the lineup, bad shoulder and all. Zaun's in and Mac.....not sure if I like Mac in as much in a game where offence should be plenty. But then he's been hitting great of late.

Might see a few runs today, Purcey (1-1, 8.10) vs Mendoza (2-4, 7.34), though Purcey won his last start against Seattle. There is a fair bit of difference between the Mariner lineup and the Rangers'. Luis has had 8 starts and has made it thru 6 innings one time. In July he was 1-2 with a 8.86 ERA.

The Jays bullpen had a 12.1 inning scoreless streak that ended Friday but then they started a new streak yesterday with 3.1 of scoreless ball. Friday was our 8th walkoff lost. Yesterday's game got us to .500 for the 16th time this year, I wonder what the record is? Likely more than 16 and less then 81.

Watched the Yankee game this afternoon, that was awful baseball. Here is the Fangraph...the Angels were up 5-0 after 4 and 5-1 after 5, then the game went to hell. Yankees scored 3 in the 6th to make it a one run game and 4 in the 7th to take a 3 run lead...and with the Yankee's pen you'd think that would be enough. But no Teixeira in the top of the 8th. And again, the best team in baseball and a one run lead in the 8th, you'd think they would have the game. But 2 bad errors in the bottom of the 8th and the Yankees score 6. The Angels made 2 errors in each of the 7th and 8th. Makes you wonder how they will do in the playoffs, they just totally unravelled in the last two innings.

Poll

How many innings from Purcey tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 0%