Next Game

Oakland Athletics
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Tuesday, Aug 5, 2008, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Greg Smith vs Scott Richmond

Partly cloudy with a 40-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game Time temperature: Around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Oakland Athletics @ Toronto Blue Jays

08/05/08 7:07 PM EDT

Oakland Athletics Toronto Blue Jays
Ryan Sweeney - RF Marco Scutaro - 2B
Kurt Suzuki - C David Eckstein - DH
Jack Cust - LF Alex Rios - CF
Frank Thomas - DH Lyle Overbay - 1B
Carlos Gonzalez - CF Rod Barajas - C
Mark Ellis - 2B Adam Lind - LF
Jack Hannahan - 3B Scott Rolen - 3B
Bobby Crosby - SS Kevin Mench - RF
Daric Barton - 1B John McDonald - SS

Tonight we get our second look at Canadian Scott Richmond. His first start wasn't a total success but he did give us 5.1 and only gave up 3 runs in a loss. Lefty Greg Smith Starts for the A's, we have troubles with lefties, but since the break he has been 0-3 in 3 starts with an 8.10 ERA. He had a win against us back in May, pitching 6.2 scoreless.

Joe Inglett isn't in the lineup today, but then we are facing a lefty and he hasn't played much against them. Rolen is back at third after sitting two days. Maybe he can hit another homer, like in his last start. Lind is batting 6th tonight so looks like Cito has decided he is a middle of the order hitter. Yay. And with the lefty we don't have to watch Wilk struggle at the plate.

Yankees and Red Sox each have their worries over injuries to important players, Joba was to have a MRI on his arm today and Big Pappy heard a 'click' in his wrist that has been causing him troubles all year. If we were close, it would be good news, now it's just good news for the Rays.

I have to be out tonight, will get to watch the first inning tonight but then will have to run. Join me in the thread.

Poll

Richmond will pitch?

This poll is closed

  • 0%