Next Game

Oakland Athletics
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Wednesday, Aug 6, 2008, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Gio Gonzalez vs Shaun Marcum

Mostly clear. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game Time temperature: Around 75.

Complete Coverage >

Lineup

Oakland Athletics @ Toronto Blue Jays

08/06/08 7:07 PM EDT

Oakland Athletics Toronto Blue Jays
Ryan Sweeney - RF Marco Scutaro - 2B
Kurt Suzuki - C David Eckstein - DH
Frank Thomas - DH Alex Rios - CF
Carlos Gonzalez - CF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Jack Cust - LF Rod Barajas - C
Mark Ellis - 2B Adam Lind - LF
Jack Hannahan - 3B Scott Rolen - 3B
Bobby Crosby - SS Kevin Mench - RF
Daric Barton - 1B John McDonald - SS

Another day, another lefty to start against us. you think teams have figured out we can't hit them? We have the same lineup that was soooo effective against Greg Smith yesterday. Today's lefty is Gio Gonzalez who was called up from Triple A to make the start. Gio was 8-7 with a 4.24 ERA there. He is a hard thrower but has had trouble finding the strike zone. Maybe we could let him walk a few tonight?

Shawn Marcum is going for us. He's had a tough time since coming back from the DL, I think he needs to build up arm strength, he has started each game well but when he tires his pitches has come up and he's given up 5 homeruns in 14.2 innings.

Barajas has been hot of lately, it seems he is either very hot or very cold. Gotta hope this hot streak lasts for awhile. Lind has been hot since being recalled , he hasn't gone more than one game without a hit since July 1.

Rays won in with a walk off home run, from Carlos Pena, this afternoon. Former Jay Gabe Gross also hit one in the 9th. I think they are for real.

Come on guys, I'm tired of saying we are back at .500, lets get a few games over, just for the fun of it.

Poll

How many hits will we get off the A's lefty, Gio Gonzalez, making his first major league start?

This poll is closed

  • 0%
    Zero
    (0 votes)