clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Thread for Game 116, Indians at Jays.

Next Game

Cleveland Indians
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Friday, Aug 8, 2008, 7:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

Complete Coverage >

We put our four game win streak on the line with David Purcey (1-2, 8.35) pitching for us. He only gave up three hits in his last start, but course all three were home runs. But that was in Texas against a very good offense. Tonight it is Cleveland, not quick the same offensive team.

The Indians are giving Anthony Reyes his first start for them after getting him in a trade from St. Louis July 26. He had two good starts at Triple A Buffalo. In St. Louis he was 2-1, 4.91. The Indians also called up Brendon Donnelly who they signed to a minor league contract this spring to allow him to rehab from Tommy John surgery.

Jay's have an interesting lineup yesterday (what else is new). Our cleanup hitter had only 8 home runs, but is near the top of the league in drawing walks. Wilk hits second and well, I've said enough about him this season. I guess it is enough to say he's been awful and has about as much busness batting second as I do. Mac is playing again today, yay!!

I'll be watching the game tonight, though will have to leave it to eat at some point, join me in the thread. Let's Go Jays. Keep the streak going.

Poll

Purcey will pitch.....

This poll is closed

  • 0%