What was your favorite Jays game of the season?

New, comments

Well, now the off season has started for the Jays. It looks like it will be a far more interesting off season than last year. Last year Hugo and I spent the winter talking about nothing, which we are good at, but this year we've already got a new GM, who has a lot of things on his plate already: Which of our free agents does he want to resign? Are there other free agents out there he wants? What should he do with Doc? What to do about the palace revolt? Does he want a new manager? All these questions and more we'll have fun batting around over the next little while. We also have our prospects list to redo.

And we'll look back at the season that started with no expectations, spent April building up unrealistic expectations and then spent the rest of the year beating us up for falling for the quick start.

I thought we'd start by asking 'What was your favorite game of the season?' What game was the best to watch this year? We'll do the worst game too, later on so let's keep that out of this thread, but tell us what game you remember the most fondly. If we get a few good choices, we will vote on which was best.

I'll start off.

My favorite game of the year was May 12, with the Yankees in town. Roy Halladay vs. A.J. Burnett. The game recap is here. Here is the line score:

Final - 5.12.2009 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
New York Yankees 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 5 1
Toronto Blue Jays 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 2 X 5 8 0
WP: Roy Halladay (7 - 1)
LP: A.J. Burnett (2 - 1)

Complete Coverage >

It was Doc's first complete game of the season, though he hadn't gone less than 7 innings to that point and wouldn't go less than 7 until June 12 when he got injured. A complete game 5 hitter, he didn't walk anyone and struck out 5. He got 16 ground outs and finished the game throwing only 103 pitches. Through 7 innings he faced the minimum number of hitters.

He got helped out by a great throw from Travis Snider in the first inning, Johnny Damon hit a single, tried to stretch it to a double but Moonraker threw him out. Offensively, Scott Rolen drove in 3 and Aaron Hill had a homer. At that point we were in first place 1.5 games ahead of the Red Sox.

Catfish were jumping and corn was high as an elephant's eye. Then the locusts came. Ummmm I mean life was good, but not for much longer.

Anyway share with us your favorite game of the season.