SB Nation's Cy Young Awards

New, comments

Yesterday we posted SB's Rookie of the Year voting and Monday we had the Manager of the Year votes. Today it is our Cy Young vote.

The AL vote:

Rk Player Team 1st 2nd 3rd Pts
1 Zack Greinke Kansas City Royals 28 1 - 143
2 Felix Hernandez Seattle Mariners - 17 6 57
3 Justin Verlander Detroit Tigers - 8 9 33
4 Roy Halladay Toronto Blue Jays 1 2 11 22
5 CC Sabathia New York Yankees - 1 2 5
6 Jon Lester Boston Red Sox - - 1 1

So I voted Greinke, Hernandez and Halladay. I have to be a homer sometimes, I'm not sure who voted for him in the first spot. Even I'd have a hard time rationalizing that vote. I can understand voting for Verlander, he did lead the league in strikeouts, but I felt since Doc pitched in a much much stronger division, he was more deserving of my vote.

The NL vote:

Rk Player Team 1st 2nd 3rd Pts
1 Tim Lincecum San Francisco Giants 18 13 - 129
2 Chris Carpenter St. Louis Cardinals 9 4 7 64
3 Adam Wainwright St. Louis Cardinals 4 4 10 42
4 Javier Vazquez Atlanta Braves - 5 7 22
5 Dan Haren Arizona Diamondbacks - 3 4 13
6 Ubaldo Jimenez Colorado Rockies - 1 1 4
7 Cliff Lee Philadelphia Phillies - - 1 1
8 Jair Jurrjens Atlanta Braves - - 1 1

Cliff Lee is a strange vote, seeing as he only made 12 starts in the NL, but to each their own.