Happy Birthday Mark Eichhorn

New, comments

Former Jay reliever Mark Eichhorn turns 49 today. Mark is number 32 on our Top 50 Jays list that I'll get around to finishing one of these days.

Mark was a submarine style pitcher. He played 11 seasons in the majors with 4 different teams, 6 of the seasons with the Jays, finishing with a 48-43 record, 32 saves and a 3.00 ERA. He was 14-6 in his rookie season with us and the next year pitched in 89 games. In his first two seasons he threw 157 and 127.2 innings. Find a reliever these days that throws 284 innings in two years. It would be tough to find one that has thrown that many in 3 seasons.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Mark. You were always one of my favorites. Have a great day.