Hall of Fame Ballot

New, comments

This year's Hall of Fame ballot came out today, the BBWAA get to vote for any of these

The ballot: Roberto Alomar, Kevin Appier, Harold Baines, Bert Blyleven, Ellis Burks, Andre Dawson, Andres Galarraga, Pat Hentgen, Mike Jackson, Eric Karros, Ray Lankford, Barry Larkin, Edgar Martinez, Don Mattingly, Fred McGriff, Mark McGwire, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Tim Raines, Shane Reynolds, David Segui, Lee Smith, Alan Trammell, Robin Ventura, Todd Zeile.

There are four former Jays on the list Alomar, Hentgen, McGriff and Morris. Whoops forgot Dave Parker played 13 games for us in 1991 and Dave Segui played 31 in 1999, so I guess there are 6 former Jays. There are also 6 former Expos Dawson, Galarraga, Smith, Raines, Segui and Zeile.

New on the list are Alomar, Larkin, Hentgen, McGriff, Martinez, Galarraga, Jackson, Applier, Reynolds, Zeile, Segui, Venture, Burk, Karros and Langford.

Have to figure Alomar has a good shot at making it. Larkin had 19 good seasons with the Reds but might come up a little short. McGriff had 493 homers in his major league career, but I'm not sure how the voters are looking at home run numbers in the steroid era. Galarraga had 399 homers.

Of the ones returning to the ballot, I'm a huge fan of Andre Dawson and Tim Raines. Bert Blyleven has good numbers. And Mark McGuire, of course, is the wild card. He clearly has the numbers but the Writers punished him last year for his steroid use.

We'll run a series of polls, over the next several days, to see who we would vote in, if we had the vote.