Another Wished for Blue Jay Trade Bites the Dust.

New, comments

A lot of us were hoping that the Blue Jays might be able to trade for J.J. Hardy to fill our need for a shortstop for the next few years. It's not going to happen, the Twins traded CFer Carlos Gomez to the Brewers for Hardy. I guess if the Brewers were looking for a cheap, strong defensive CFer we really didn't have anyone to send them.

If you are wondering what free agents are available this offseason MLB Trade Rumors has the list here. They also have a list of shortstops that might be on the trading block. Just ignore Hardy at the top. You think we could try for Brandon Wood

Take a look at the guys thought to be available and tell us which one you would go after if you had Alex Anthopoulos' job?