clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Recap for Spring Game 4, Jays and Braves

Jays lose 6-3, so we are 2-2 so far this spring. The pitchers showed well again except for BJ Ryan who walked 3 and gave up 2 hits and 4 earned runs getting just two outs. His second poor appearance of the spring. Robert Ray also gave up a run in the 9th on 2 hits, but apparently (judging by Mike Wilner on radio) CFer Wayne Lydon should have made a catch on one of the hits.

Doc was great in his 2 innings to start the game. Rick Bauer pitched a good 1.1 innings giving up just 1 run and struck out 2. Fabio Castro, TJ Beam, Luis Perez and Bill Murphy each pitched a good inning, though Castro gave up 3 hits but still got out of the inning without a run scoring. Murphy struck out 2 in his inning.

Offensively Jose Bautista went 3 for 3 and my irrational hope for Jason Lane went 2 for 3 with 2 RBI. He is now batting .500 with 4 RBI and 2 home runs on the spring. In interest of fairness I'll note that Kevin Millar went 1 for 2 with a walk. Snider was 1 for 2 with a walk and is batting .429. Hill and Rios each got their first hit of the spring.

Guys doing less well? Scutaro was 0 for 3 and hasn't had a hit yet this spring. Curtis Thigpen was 0 for 5 with 3 strikeouts, but then not matter what he does he won't have a spot on the team.

Tomorrow Jays play the Rays, Jesse Litsch gets his first start of the spring. The game again is on MLB.com Gameday Audio. Wish Sportsnet would get off the stick and put a game on TV.