Like Skyscrapers Rising Up Floor By Floor / I'm Not Giving Up: Game Thread for Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago White Sox, 26 April 2009, 2:05 PM EDT

New, 208 comments

Well, you cannot win them all and last night's drubbing may have taken us down a peg or two following Friday night. Nonetheless, you really can't be dissatisfied with splitting the first two games of this series. Dropping the Brian Burres game isn't really much of a shocker and, although no one enjoys losing 10-2, all losses count the same. Unfortunately, there's no off-day to skip the fifth starter, but maybe the Jays will think twice before giving Burres another start after last night's expectedly disappointing performance.

I will say that it is comforting to know that, with their series-winning streak on the line, the Jays put Doc on the mound this afternoon. Jose Contreras makes the start for the Sox, so the Jays offense should be able to provide Halladay with some run support. If you're going to lose a game, it's nice knowing that you've got Doc to put you back on your feet. Let's make it six in a row!

Hugo, please add the lineups to do this one, as I'm not quite sure how to do that.

Today's thread title comes from The Clash's "I'm Not Down" -- a great song from my favourite band.