(May) Night and Day: Game Preview and Thread, Orioles at Jays

New, 229 comments

Well, Tom covered all the relevant moves for the day, yours truly introduced our newest Jay, surprise callup Robert Ray, who starts tomorrow, and Jesse profiled the opposing starters, including tonight's starter Mark Hendrickson. We had some great discussion, courtesy of you all, on the blog today, so no need to go back into any of that. April ended on a bit of a sour note, but it was still about as good a month as we could have expected and scoring 6 runs despite 6 double plays is actually somewhat impressive, in a way. The Jays send out their lefty-mashing lineup today, which means no Lyle and no Moonraker, but I wonder if Cito is starting to reconsider his no pinch-hitting rule.

The Jays send the good Doctor to the mound on this Flashback Friday, and that's always a treat. Today's title comes from a song off the Good Life's great record "Album of the Year." It's wife night out tonight, so I'll be around watching the game. If you are too, I'll see you in the thread!

Lineup

Baltimore Orioles @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/01/09 7:07 PM EDT

Baltimore Orioles Toronto Blue Jays
Brian Roberts - 2B Marco Scutaro - SS
Adam Jones - CF Aaron Hill - 2B
Nick Markakis - RF Alex Rios - RF
Aubrey Huff - 1B Vernon Wells - CF
Melvin Mora - 3B Adam Lind - DH
Luke Scott - LF Scott Rolen - 3B
Ty Wigginton - DH Kevin Millar - 1B
Gregg Zaun - C Rod Barajas - C
Cesar Izturis - SS Jose Bautista - LF

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Roy Halladay 4-1 3.75 1.08 32 4

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Mark Hendrickson 1-3 5.40 1.96 14 10