Monday Morning Roundup

New, 3 comments

Hi everyone.  Wow, was that a fun game yesterday.  Some small items of news:

Great day for the Las Vegas 51s yesterday - so great for two particular players that it can't wait for the next minor-league update.  Fabio Castro hasn't let the PCL bother him in the slightest - he had another shutdown outing yesterday with 6 scoreless innings in which he gave up just 3 singles and a walk (striking out 2), earning the win.  Davis Romero pitched reasonably well too, in picking up the 3-inning save (one of those crazy little baseball rules I love).  At the plate, J.P. Arencibia wielded the big bat, going 4-5 with a double, a home run, and 3 RsBI.

Casey Janssen will make a rehab start for New Hampshire on Tuesday .  You have to figure that as long as things go well, this'll be Casey's last rehab start - he has been lights-out in his prior 3 but with the rotation so sturdy, there's been little reason to rush him back.  Ricky Romero will follow Janssen with a rehab start on Wednesday.

Brett Cecil grew up a Yankee fan.  Since he's cluing us in now instead of after signing a big free agent deal with the Yankees, for him it's probably actually true.

Big props to Richard Griffin for the best piece of Jays-related writing I've read recently - this excellent article on Scott Rolen.  I won't say I agree with every sentence in the article, but it was well-written, thoughtful, and informative.

Brian Tallet has been moved up so as to be scheduled to start against Andy Pettitte and the Yankees on Thursday.  Makes sense, with the off-day and all.