clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Eyes Shining Full of Inner Light / Let it Roll Into the Night: Game Thread, Yankees at Jays

Lineup

New York Yankees @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/13/09 7:07 PM EDT

New York Yankees Toronto Blue Jays
Derek Jeter - SS Marco Scutaro - SS
Johnny Damon - DH Aaron Hill - 2B
Mark Teixeira - 1B Alex Rios - RF
Alex Rodriguez - 3B Vernon Wells - CF
Nick Swisher - RF Adam Lind - DH
Robinson Cano - 2B Scott Rolen - 3B
Melky Cabrera - LF Kevin Millar - 1B
Brett Gardner - CF Rod Barajas - C
Francisco Cervelli - C Jose Bautista - LF

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Scott Richmond 4-1 3.29 1.20 29 14

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Andy Pettitte 2-1 4.38 1.36 23 11

What with the George Harrison conversation today in the thread, I thought this quote from the "Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp" was fitting. The Jays will try to keep rolling and win their 4th straight game today.

Not much news today - Tom rounded up the coverage in the papers, and I was unhappy with Mike Toth's piece on Roy Halladay. If you really want to read something great, and pertinent, check out the Blue Jay Hunter's fantastic Scott Richmond piece, featuring insight from none other than Dr. Bob Richmond, Scott's dad. Not one to be missed

Scott Richmond pitches tonight for the Jays and looks to continue what has been an excellent season thusfar. However, with the many rehabbing arms (Casey Janssen just looks great and has made 4 rehab starts, Ricky Romero makes his second today) and great pitching at AAA from from Fabio Castro and, lately, Brad Mills, Richmond will have to keep turning in good outings to secure his job. Andy Pettitte pitches for the Yankees and JesseF had some more about him here. As I wrote earlier in the comments, Pettitte and Richmond have actually had rather similar seasons, except Richmond has been more successful limiting hits, though whether that's because of the Jays' defence or just variation is up for some debate. In any event, it should be an interesting and balanced matchup and it is to no one's surprise that the Jays have the lefty-killer lineup in against Pettitte. As for the visitors, Derek Jeter is set to return to the lineup after missing yesterday with an oblique strain.

Looking forward to the game tonight, so stop by the game thread if you're watching!