That Was a Lot Less Fun, Yankees Beat Jay

New, 17 comments

Yankees 8 Jay 2

Not going to spend long on this, Scott Richmond, for the second start in a row, had a terrible second inning. This time he didn't survive it. He gave up 5 runs in the 2nd and was pulled after giving up a double, homer, two triples, another double, a walk and a single. With a few starters almost ready to rejoin the team Richmond is putting himself into jeopardy of being removed from the rotation.

Offensively we didn't have all that bad of a day; 7 hits, 6 walks and a lot of hard hit outs. We just didn't get the hits when we needed them, often pounding the ball into an outfielder's glove. Rolen had a good day with 2 hits and a walk. In fact every player in the lineup had at least a hit or a walk tonight.

Suckage Jay was Richmond (-.392 WPA). No Jay of the Day.The real bad news is Aaron Hill fouled a ball of his shin and left the game after he finished the at bat. Johnny Mac played the rest of the game at second and had a hit in the 9th. But we really can't lost Hill. He has been amazing this season.

Good new is we are 23-13 and will be in at least a virtual tie for first if the Red Sox beat the Angels (GO ANGELS). Tomorrow Tallet goes at the Yankees while we face the big man (and do I mean big) CC Sabathia (how big is he? When he sits around the house, he sits around the house). Hope we continue to hit the ball hard.

Update: Bastian tweets (is that the term, twitters? something?) that Hill is ok. just came out of the game as a precaution and Hill "...just told them I don't want to be sitting tomorrow". Sounds good.