Keep Watching the T.V., Hating What You Do See, Waiting For Someone to Say Something That's Right: GameThread for Chicago White Sox at Toronto Blue Jays, 15 May 2009, 7:07 PM EDT

New, 373 comments

Okay, so after the series with the Yankees started just as we'd hoped, it sputtered in the second game and ended heartbreakingly last night. The good news is that a bad season a bad series does not make. The Jays open their series tonight against the White Sox and look to end the losing streak at two and get this one off on the right foot.

John Danks goes for the White Sox and no one in Canada gets to watch Brett Cecil (hopefully) dominate the Blue Jays. Those of us who are stateside get to watch but will have to listen to Ken "Hawk" Harrelson announce the game, hence the title of this thread. I figured that Built to Spill was working for the pitcher previews, so why mess with a good thing?

Anyway, in rehab news, apparently the Jays want to see one more rehab start from Casey Janssen and at least one more from Ricky Romero. Janssen will pitch Sunday for the Fisher Cats and Romero will be starting Monday's game for the '51s. B.J. Ryan's been reactivated so hopefully the Jays can have a big lead and get him some low-leverage work tonight. Bill Murphy was sent back down to AAA, there just isn't that much space for lefties, particularly if Tallet goes back to the pen (in spite of his splits).

If you're below the 47th and can watch the White Sox feed or if you're above it and watching it on GameDay or listening to Jerry and Alan, join us in the thread.

Lineup

Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/15/09 7:07 PM EDT

Chicago White Sox Toronto Blue Jays
Jayson Nix - 3B Marco Scutaro - SS
Chris Getz - 2B Aaron Hill - 2B
Carlos Quentin - LF Alex Rios - RF
Jermaine Dye - RF Vernon Wells - CF
Jim Thome - DH Adam Lind - DH
Paul Konerko - 1B Scott Rolen - 3B
AJ Pierzynski - C Kevin Millar - 1B
Alexei Ramirez - SS Rod Barajas - C
Scott Podsednik - CF Jose Bautista - LF

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Brett Cecil 1-0 0.64 0.93 12 2

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - John Danks 2-2 3.41 1.19 31 10

As far as the lineups go, Jermaine Dye is scheduled to serve a suspension, but I think he may have appealed it, which is why he is listed in the lineup tonight. On the bright side, Aaron Hill returns to second base, which means that we don't have to see Adam Lind not pinch-hit for Johnny Mac when the game is on the line tonight.