Jays Get Bats Working, Beat White Sox

New, 16 comments

White Sox 3 Jays 8

I know the inning didn't mean much, with us up by 5, but it is great to see BJ Ryan pitch a good inning, First game back from his time on the DL. He did walk the first batter, but then struck out 2 and got a fly out to get out of the inning. Jesse Carlson also pitched two good innings of relief.

Brett Cecil pitched well enough, he got staked to a big lead and didn't give it up. 6 innings, 6 hits, 2 walks, he did give up a couple of home runs. He did well enough to pick up his 2nd win.

Offensively, Aaron Hill hit a 2 run homer in the 3rd inning, his 10th of the year. 10 in 167 at bats. Last season, before he got run over by David Eckstein, he had 2 homers in 205 at bats. In the 4th we got a double, single, single, double, double, double, single and hit bat before our first out to score 6 runs.

We had 12 hits and 3 walks on the day. Everyone in the lineup had at least 1 hit except for Vernon Wells and Alex Rios, but then Rios took one for the team. Hill had 3 hits and has his average up to .347. Scoot, Lind and Rolen each had 2 hits.

Jays of the Day are Hill (.242 WPA) and Cecil (.203). Honorable mention to Lind and Scutaro. Suckage Jay was Vernon Wells, 0 for 4 with 2 double plays for a -.097.

Tomorrow Robert Ray starts for us, while we get to pound Bartolo Colon. More on Colon in this post by Jessef and YAY it is on TV on this side of the 49th. Other good news, Yankees are losing to the Twins 4-2 in the 9th. Red Sox play the Mariners later tonight, go M's.

Best news, we is first. I'm not getting tired of saying that. We are in first. 24-14, a game and a half up on the Bo Sox. And still haven't lost more than 2 in a row. Pretty damn cool.