Come On! Feel the Illinoise! White Sox at Jays Game Thread

New, 334 comments

Ok, I'm almost at a total loss for songs about Chicago, but since my son is a Sufjan Stevens fan I knew of this song.

Anyway our line up today:

Lineup

Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/16/09 1:07 PM EDT

Chicago White Sox Toronto Blue Jays
Scott Podsednik - CF Marco Scutaro - SS
Chris Getz - 2B Aaron Hill - 2B
Jermaine Dye - RF Alex Rios - RF
Paul Konerko - 1B Vernon Wells - CF
Jim Thome - DH Adam Lind - DH
Carlos Quentin - LF Jose Bautista - 3B
AJ Pierzynski - C Lyle Overbay - 1B
Josh Fields - 3B Raul Chavez - C
Alexei Ramirez - SS Travis Snider - LF

Robert Ray gets his 3rd start for the Jays today, Bartolo Colon starts for the White Sox, as we continue our tour of over weight pitchers. You can read more about Colon here in Jessef's series preview.

Scott Rolen gets the day off, Bautista fills in for him and bats in the 6th spot in the order. Moonraker gets into the game and Raul Chavez catches (so at least we know who Cito won't pinch hit for in an important moment) in the day game after the night game.

Yesterday was a good day, Jays won, Red Sox lost, it could have been that much better had Joe Nathan pulled off the save against the Yankees but we are 2 games up on Boston for first, so I won't complain.