She's the One that Keeps the Dream Alive: GameThread for Baltimore Orioles at Toronto Blue Jays, 2 May 2009, 1:07 PM EDT

New, 157 comments

Well, after a disappointing end to April, the Jays got back into the win column on the first day of May behind a strong performance from Doc and a bunch of hits off former 2nd Round pick (NBA, that is) Mark Hendrickson. Speaking of April, Hugo reviewed our great month here.

They look to keep the wins coming this afternoon. Robert Ray, introduced here, makes his first start against the Orioles, who send rookie Brad Bergesen to the mound. If the Jays win today, they clinch the weekend and series and can go for the sweep tomorrow afternoon, which would be nice after dropping three of four to the Royals.

Let's get our ducks in a row, first, though, because you can't sweep the series unless you win today, so hopefully Ray induces a bunch of grounders and the bats stay hot against Bergesen to keep the Jays in first and put us in line for our first sweep tomorrow.

I haven't been able to watch a game in a few days, but I should be around for the game today, so I'm looking forward to seeing how Ray does. I hope to see you all in the thread, whose title comes from Cornershop's "Brimful of Asha" and describes how the Jays are playing right now.

Lineup

Baltimore Orioles @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/02/09 1:07 PM EDT

Baltimore Orioles Toronto Blue Jays