Jays Shutout for the First Time This Year

New, 15 comments

Jays 0 Braves1

Well has to know we weren't going all year without being shutout and we knew we weren't going to to go all season without losing 4 in a row so don't go jumping off a building or go do the 'we are so crappy thing'. Check thru and tell me how many other teams haven't been shutout this year or haven't dropped 4 in a row yet.

Raise your hand if you thought we'd be first on May 22. Liars. Most folks figured this year was a write off. so the odd losing skid shouldn't be a surprise.

Anyway Doc was good. The hitters less so. Kenshin Kawakami was very good. We had bad luck, when we did hit the ball hard, it was at somebody. We had 4 hits on the day, 2 for Overbay, and a double each for Rolen and Hill.

Jays of the Day are Doc (.453 WPA) and Rolen (.097). Honorable mention for Hill, he made a couple of great plays in the field and had that one out double in the 9th. Suckage Jays....oh well everyone else. Won't bother to list them all.

Is a strange game, while we were winning the nubber that Rios hit in the 9th would have been a hit or the ground ball Wells hit that was bobbled would have been an error. But that was when the luck was going our way. It isn't now.

Don't jump off the bandwagon, we are still first, we don't have to whine. 27-18 is pretty decent. Tomorrow Casey Janssen gets his first major league start since 2006. In 2007 he was in the pen all season and he was hurt all of 2008. I am really looking forward to seeing him pitch as he was a favorite of mine. Derek Lowe goes for the Braves. Be as good a time as any to break out and score 15 or so.