Number Nine?....Number Nine?: Game Thread, Jays at Orioles

New, 652 comments

One of the Beatles weirdest songs, it seemed oddly appropriate for today's thread. I can't believe we're staring a 9-game losing streak in the face after riding so high just before, and can't believe we haven't won some of these extremely winnable games recently. However, standing atop the bridge of Moria yelling "you shall not pass, flame of Udun!" (to mix my metaphors) at the ninth straight loss is Doc Halladay.

Each day brings a new chance to get the bats back on track. Rich Hill pitches for the Orioles this afternoon and he's done quite well in his 2 starts. Walks were his undoing last season and he walked 4 in his last start, so the Jays will be wise to make him throw strikes. The lefty-killing lineup is in, despite Overbay being one of the better Jays' hitters recently.

Also, guys, a home run would be nice - you have to go back to the first game of the losing streak to find one, though Wells came quite close yesterday.

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles

05/27/09 1:35 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Baltimore Orioles