Now Broom, You Must Now Sweep for Me / The Dust That Fills My Room: Game Thread, Red Socks at Jays

New, 361 comments

Lineup

Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays

05/31/09 1:07 PM EDT

Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays
Dustin Pedroia - 2B Marco Scutaro - SS
J.D. Drew - RF Aaron Hill - 2B
Kevin Youkilis - 1B Alex Rios - RF
Jason Bay - LF Vernon Wells - CF
Mike Lowell - 3B Adam Lind - DH
David Ortiz - DH Scott Rolen - 3B
Jason Varitek - C Kevin Millar - 1B
Jacoby Ellsbury - CF Rod Barajas - C
Nick Green - SS Jose Bautista - LF

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Ricky Romero 2-1 3.08 1.33 16 5

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Jon Lester 3-5 6.07 1.60 62 21

Thanks to They Might Be Giants for today's thread. Likely the site could sustain itself on nothing by TMBG lyrics.

So, you're pretty excited about the Jays taking two games from the Sox so far this series, and of course you want a sweep, but you just can't conjure up quite as much hate for the opposing fans that you used to be able to back in the days of Schilling? Have no fear, Joanna has your back. I have to say, that level of douchery is impressive even for the Nation. Someone, please ask Rolen about that sometime....
Anyway, back to the task at hand. Ricky Romero pitches for the Jays today while Jon Lester goes for Boston. Lester has really been hit and home run unlucky this season so far, though he pitched well against the Jays in the Fenway series. Romero had an up and down outing last time out and looks to eliminate the down part this time. The Sox are tough on lefties so Ricky will have to make his pitches and use his whole arsenal to succeed.

The Jays send out the expected lineup against the lefty, while the Sox use JD Drew against Romero and bat him second, with Rocco Baldelli apparently still feeling the effects of his collision with the wall yesterday.