If I Could Just Get Off of This LA Freeway: Game Thread Jays at Angels

New, 397 comments

Since Hugo and now Jessef are using song lyrics with some connection to where our opponents (I'm sure the SB Nation folks are thrilled) are from I thought I ought to continue the tradition, this is from a Guy Clark song called LA Freeway.

Anyway, tonight we have Doc going up against the Angels and Antonio Ortega (no relation to Daniel, I'm sure) starting for the Halos. You can read more about Ortega in this great post by Jessef. Our first trip of the season to the left coast is only five games and then we is back to Toronto to play the Yankees (things are all set up for Doc and AJ to match up next Tuesday, someone loves us baseball fans), who I'm happy to say, are losing 3-0 to the Rays in the 8th at the moment. Add in that the BoSox are losing to the Indians and life could hardly be better today. Well 9 shutout innings by Doc would improve things I'm sure.

Tonight's lineups:

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Los Angeles Angels

05/06/09 10:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Los Angeles Angels
Marco Scutaro - SS Chone Figgins - 3B
Aaron Hill - 2B Maicer Izturis - DH
Alex Rios - RF Bobby Abreu - LF
Vernon Wells - CF Torii Hunter - CF
Adam Lind - DH Kendry Morales - 1B
Scott Rolen - 3B Mike Napoli - C
Lyle Overbay - 1B Gary Matthews - RF
Rod Barajas - C Howie Kendrick - 2B
Travis Snider - LF Erick Aybar - SS

Anyway I know it is a late start for you guys in the East but join us in the thread if you can.

Poll

Jays will win __ of their 5 games in California

This poll is closed

  • 14%
    5
    (16 votes)
  • 50%
    4
    (56 votes)
  • 31%
    3
    (35 votes)
  • 1%
    2
    (2 votes)
  • 0%
    1
    (1 vote)
  • 0%
    0....pick this one and you are banned banned banned...
    (1 vote)
111 votes total Vote Now