I Do Like You -- You're the Lucky One -- No, I'm the Lucky One: GameThread for Toronto Blue Jays at Los Angeles Angels, 7 May 2009, 10:05 PM EDT

New, 389 comments

So there isn't much to say about last night's game except, wow, it was incredible. After thrashing the Angels last night, the Jays come back out to try for the short series sweep tonight. The pen is well-rested thanks to Doc's gem last night and Robert Ray makes his second start for the Jays against Jered Weaver. Weaver's had a strong start to the season, so hopefully the bats don't cool down against him tonight -- as they say, momentum is only as good as your next day's starting pitcher.

The Jays are still in first and life is good, so today's thread title comes from L.A.-based Weezer's "Falling For You" from their second album Pinkerton and the meaning is self-explanatory. I had the day off and I should be around for the end of the game, though I won't be around for the beginning. Hopefully Mr. Ray will keep us in it until I get home.

In other news, B.J. Ryan and Ricky Romero should be starting rehab next week and Casey Janssen continued his rehab with an excellent start at A-ball.

Get your brooms out of the closet, time for our second sweep in three series!

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Los Angeles Angels

05/07/09 10:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Los Angeles Angels