In a Baby Blue Sedan, and I am Doing the Best That I Can: GameThread for Florida Marlins at Toronto Blue Jays, 12 June 2009, 7:07 PM EDT

New, 606 comments

The Jays look to get back in the win column tonight after being shut out last night and turn to the hero amongst our heroes, Doc Halladay, to put them in position to do so. Doc looks to extend his major-league win total to 11 tonight against the Marlins at Rogers Centre. He will be contested by Ricky Nolasco, who has struggled mightily this season to the tune of a 2-6 W-L Record and an ERA over 8.

The Doc is coming off two straight complete games during which he has 20 strikeouts against one walk and allowed zero extra-base hits. He tries for his second straight shutout and fourth complete game overall tonight, and considering that his last start was just 97 pitches, let's hope he can do it again, and this time in the Flashback Friday powder blues.

Maybe Cito has been checking out Bluebird Banter, because he's mixed up the lineup tonight, raising Vernon Wells up to third and dropping Alex Rios to sixth in tonight's lineup.

Oh yeah, tonight's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The thread title tonight, by the way, comes courtesy of "Baby Blue Sedan" from Modest Mouse's This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About.

Lineup

Florida Marlins @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/12/09 7:07 PM EDT

Florida Marlins Toronto Blue Jays
Chris Coghlan - LF Marco Scutaro - SS
Ross Gload - 1B Aaron Hill - 2B
Hanley Ramirez - SS Vernon Wells - CF
Jorge Cantu - DH Adam Lind - DH
Jeremy Hermida - RF Scott Rolen - 3B
Dan Uggla - 2B Alex Rios - RF
John Baker - C Lyle Overbay - 1B
Cody Ross - CF Rod Barajas - C
Emilio Bonifacio - 3B Joe Inglett - LF

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Ricky Nolasco 2-6 8.17 1.82 41 16

W-L ERA WHIP K BB
2009 - Roy Halladay 10-1 2.52 1.02 88 12