Where the Land Is Low and the Water Flows To and Holds You: Game Thread 6/13, Marlins at Jays

New, 253 comments

Hi all -

Rough one yesterday. Still no conclusive news on Halladay, but mlb.com Jays beat writer Jordan Bastian expects we'll know something by the end of the game. The Jays were planning on skipping Scott Richmond's next start as well, so if Doc has to miss a start, Richmond will be the fill-in.

The Jays have still yet to win one in interleague play and starter Casey Janssen hopes that will change today. Janssen is coming off arguably his best start of the season, where he took a shutout into the 6th inning in Arlington before leaving in the middle of the 6th after a somewhat bizzare and unfortunate series of events. Sean West starts for the Marlins and the Jays hope to get their offense going off him after two subpar days for the offense. The Jays send Millar and Bautista out against the lefty West, but as Scott Rolen gets the day off after the night game, Bautista is in at third and so Lyle Overbay is still starting. Raul Chavez starts behind the dish.

In minor-league news, Scott Campbell is rehabbing after a leg injury has caused him to miss the last month or so. Campbell has played a couple of games in Dunedin (at third base) and he's got 4 hits, so he seems healthy and will probably return to AAA soon. Russ Adams also returned to the lineup after about a month off due to injury and has also collected a lot of hits in his 2 games back. He's also been playing shortstop for Vegas. Travis Snider, however, is still having back problems and isn't expected to play again until July. If he doesn't come back super-strong, he'll probably be a September callup if anything.

Not sure how much of the game I'll get to watch today, but do stop in the thread if you're around watching the game.

Lineup

Florida Marlins @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/13/09 1:07 PM EDT

Florida Marlins Toronto Blue Jays
Chris Coghlan - LF Marco Scutaro - SS
Ross Gload - 1B Aaron Hill - 2B
Hanley Ramirez - SS Vernon Wells - CF
Jorge Cantu - DH Adam Lind - LF
Jeremy Hermida - RF Kevin Millar - DH
Dan Uggla - 2B Alex Rios - RF
John Baker - C Lyle Overbay - 1B
Cody Ross - CF Jose Bautista - 3B
Wes Helms - 3B Raul Chavez - C

Today's title comes from the song "Love Dog" from TV on the Radio's Dear Science, a record I really like.