Roy Halladay and Scott Downs Placed on the 15-day DL and

New, 53 comments

Jordan Bastian just announced that Roy Halladay will be placed on the 15-day DL tomorrow, likely retroactive to his last start.

This comes after Doc cut a bullpen session short today after just 15 pitches.  Come back soon, Doc.  More on who will be called up as we know.

Update:  Why not make it 3 in one day?  Scott Downs is going to the DL with a sprained left big toe.  No replacement yet, but I can't imagine it wouldn't be Accardo, who has done a fine job at Las Vegas.

By the way, Doc says he'll be ready to return by June 28th, when he'll be eligible.  That means he'll only be missing a couple more starts.  Is one of them when he is supposed to be pitching here in Washington D.C., a game for which I have tickets?  Yes, it is.  Grrrr....