Thru Early Morning Fog I See, Visions of the Things to Be: Jays at Phillies Game Thread.

New, 343 comments

Back from a few days in Houston, not sure how people can take that heat and humidity. I guess they likely say the same things about the cold here. From air conditioning to air conditioning, seem slightly unhealthy to me but then melting doesn't seem too healthy either. We did enjoy taking a tour of Minute Maid Stadium, a beautiful place.

Anyway, you all know by now that we have three more pitchers on the DL today. Wonder what the record for most pitchers DLed in one day is? Can't be all that many more than 3 one would think. At least in mid season. The good part is we get to see more good, young Jay pitchers. I do love watching young players. Brad Mills will be our 11th different starter tomorrow. can't get too much higher can it?

Speaking of 'young pitchers', tonight we get to watch young Philly left-hander Jamie Moyer (4-5, 6.11). Young in a 'compared to the universe' sense, as he's 46. He's been pitching better of late, has a 3.77 ERA in his last 5 starts. Scott Richmond goes for us tonight. He pitched great in relief of Doc on Friday, but with his troubles against left-handed batters, tonight will be a tough test. Lineups:

Lineup

Toronto Blue Jays @ Philadelphia Phillies

06/17/09 7:05 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays Philadelphia Phillies
Marco Scutaro - SS Jimmy Rollins - SS
Aaron Hill - 2B Shane Victorino - CF
Vernon Wells - CF Chase Utley - 2B
Scott Rolen - 3B Ryan Howard - 1B
Adam Lind - LF Raul Ibanez - LF
Alex Rios - RF Jayson Werth - RF
Lyle Overbay - 1B Pedro Feliz - 3B
Rod Barajas - C Chris Coste - C
Scott Richmond - P Jamie Moyer - P

Glad to see Overbay is playing tonight against the lefty. Millar's bat has disappeared for the last month, hitting .193 in his last 18 games. He did have a homer Sunday, so maybe he's pulling out of it. Wells had a couple of important hits yesterday, hopefully he is pulling out of it too but I wouldn't bet on it.

Anyway the first game I get to see since before the weekend so join me in the thread. Yeah theme from MASH is the title. Seems to fit.