Your Love is Like the City, Only Shines at Night Your Love has No Pity Baby Baby That's All Right, Angels at Jays Game Thread

New, 303 comments

We should have a pitchers duel tonight, Doc (8-1, 2.63) vs Joe Saunders (6-3, 3.26). Saunders is a lefty so we get Millar and Bautista tonight. Neither of them had a great May, but the calendar has flipped so time to break out of the slide. Millar in particular was awful in May hitting a big .218. I'm afraid that's more or less what I expected of him this year. But he was great in April so I'm hoping he gets back to that. If he doesn't I'd rather have Overbay out there, even if he doesn't hit lefties, at least his glove is great. Millar has hit Saunders well, .500 in 24 at bats with 2 homers. Small sample size warnings as always. A lot of our guys have hit Joe well.

Today's line up:

Lineup

Los Angeles Angels @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/02/09 7:07 PM EDT

Los Angeles Angels Toronto Blue Jays
Chone Figgins - 3B Marco Scutaro - SS
Bobby Abreu - RF Aaron Hill - 2B
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Alex Rios - RF
Torii Hunter - CF Vernon Wells - CF
Kendry Morales - 1B Adam Lind - DH
Maicer Izturis - SS Scott Rolen - 3B
Mike Napoli - C Kevin Millar - 1B
Gary Matthews - LF Rod Barajas - C
Howie Kendrick - 2B Jose Bautista - LF

Today's title is from a Joe Ely song, Letter to L.A. The version of it from Live at Liberty Lunch has a couple of those great extended guitar solos that proves to me that even us hacker guitar players can get it right once in a while.

Join us in the thread. I think I should be around for most of it tonight before I have to run off.