They Try To Kick It; Their Feet Fall Asleep: 6/24 Game Preview and Thread, Reds at Jays

New, 494 comments

Today's post title comes from another song by the band Metric ("Combat Baby," one of their best). Maybe this doesn't interest many others on the site, but I picked it because I spent a good part of the afternoon watching the U.S. beat on #1 ranked Spain in the Confederations Cup semi-final! What a game for United States soccer! And there is something oh so sweet about ducking out of work to watch sports, isn't there?

Anyway, back to the Jays, they try to make it 3 straight in tonight's game against the Reds. Scott Richmond pitches for the Jays, while Bronson Arroyo goes for Cincy. Jeremy Accardo (almost called him Jozy, soccer still on the brain!) is questionable for tonight's game with a dehydration/calf cramp that has now morphed into a minor groin pull.

I've gotta run, band rehearsal, but I should be around for the second half of the game. Let's go Jays!

Lineup

Cincinnati Reds @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/24/09 7:07 PM EDT

Cincinnati Reds Toronto Blue Jays
Chris Dickerson - CF Marco Scutaro - SS
Jerry Hairston Jr. - SS Aaron Hill - 2B
Joey Votto - 1B Vernon Wells - CF
Brandon Phillips - 2B Scott Rolen - 3B
Laynce Nix - LF Adam Lind - LF
Jonny Gomes - DH Alex Rios - RF
Jay Bruce - RF Lyle Overbay - 1B
Ramon Hernandez - C Rod Barajas - C
Danny Richar - 3B Russ Adams - DH

Russ Adams moves from LF to DH but no other changes for the Jays (there's a surprise). Bronson Arroyo pitched against the Jays one year ago tonight, we can only hope that tonight goes as well as that start, the Jays scored 10 run against him in just an inning plus.