Three Car Jam: 6/25 Preview and Thread, Reds at Jays

New, 792 comments

Hope everyone is having a great day. The Jays go for the sweep tonight and the offense has been clicking, so let's just hope it keeps doing its job.

It's an interesting pitchers' duel today, with Brett Cecil on the mound for the Jays and Johnny Cueto toeing the rubber for Cincy. Cecil is looking to build on an excellent start against the Nationals last time out, while Cueto is looking to rebound from a disastrous start but he has been very good this season. Two great young pitchers, a pretty Thursday evening, a cold one and my workday is done - what else could we possibly ask from this evening? A Jays win, of course.

Doc Halladay will take the mound tomorrow, his last test before his scheduled start on Monday. That is, assuming he's not traded to the Colorado Rockies for Garrett Atkins, he of the 62 OPS+. No news on Downs, which isn't very encouraging at this point.

Russ Adams continues to play - he's in the DH spot tonight, and Cito sounded impressed with his hitting after yesterday's game. If Adams can get on base with any consistency, he is going to score a lot of runs ahead of the top of the Jays' order.

Lineup

Cincinnati Reds @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/25/09 7:07 PM EDT

Cincinnati Reds Toronto Blue Jays