Got Two Shoelaces on Two Shoes / I Should Toss 'Em on A Telephone Line as a Monument to My Blues: 6/26 Game Preview and Thread, Phillies at Jays

New, 577 comments

Lineup

Philadelphia Phillies @ Toronto Blue Jays

06/26/09 7:07 PM EDT

Philadelphia Phillies Toronto Blue Jays
Shane Victorino - CF Marco Scutaro - SS
Chase Utley - 2B Aaron Hill - 2B
Jayson Werth - RF Vernon Wells - CF
Ryan Howard - 1B Scott Rolen - 3B
John Mayberry Jr. - LF Adam Lind - DH
Pedro Feliz - 3B Kevin Millar - 1B
Chris Coste - DH Alex Rios - RF
Eric Bruntlett - SS Rod Barajas - C
Carlos Ruiz - C Jose Bautista - LF

Hi everyone. It's been a rollercoaster of a day - our nanny flaked and Mrs. Hugo, God bless her, is off in Colorado partying so I had to stay home from work at the last minute. Of course, work never takes an emergency FMLA (that's Family and Medical Leave) day, so I ended up spending the day running around crazily with the little one trying to juggle intense 8-figure settlement negotiations and an afternoon at the playground, which is never really a great plan.

Enough about me. The day is winding down now and the Jays are getting ready to take on the Phillies on Flashback Friday in the Skydome (as I persistently call it, since, hey, I've got a song named after that place).

The Jays got some good news today, as Craig already broke in the fanshots. Doc Halladay threw 54 pitches in his bullpen session today and promptly pronounced himself ready to pitch on Monday against the Tampa Bay Rays. I'm not getting a good feeling about Downs' return, though. In other good news, Jeremy Accardo is also ready for action today after a minor bout with groin issues. The Jays could really use another reliable bullpen arm, so Accardo's return is welcome.

Two young lefties go at it today, both former first-rounders -- Cole Hamels hurls for the City of Brotherly Love, while Ricky Romero goes for Hogtown. Kevin Millar gets back into the lineup batting 6th (sarcastic cheer!) while Jose Bautista gets the start in left. I hope Cito doesn't hesitate to use Lyle off the bench and then at first defensively.

Today's title comes from the incredible song "Walt Whitman Bridge" by the great Philadelphia band Marah. The Walt Whitman Bride connects Philly with southern New Jersey, where Whitman spent the last few years of his life (he was born on Long Island and lived most of his life in Brooklyn, one reason he's sort of a personal favourite).

For more on the opposition, Dakers dug up the dirt here, while Jesse looked at their pitching here.

Let's go Jays!